Friday, November 13, 2009

Nothing to Report

I am counting down the days, can't tell how many days because it's classified, can't tell you how I really feel, that's classified.
I will tell you I am here on my own accord, no one is keeping me, although I do suspect I have been brainwashed by the military, why else would I choose to stay when I can easily leave? If you've tuned into any of my earlier posts you know the story, I'm staying with my unit, even though it is not my unit and I am not a soldier. I'm staying until we can all leave together.
The madness of my situation seems to increase and decrease at a regular rate. I am either making the greatest sacrifice or wasting a year of my life. One of my friends, back home, has a point about the latter. "What would you be doing back home?" he asks. Probably nothing as exciting as Iraq, but this place lost its shine about six months ago. I'm in a forest and can't see a single tree and all that.

Here's a link to a recent story about Iraqi Police and Military Police
http://www.katu.com/news/69484632.html

No comments:

Post a Comment