Friday, August 6, 2010

We Have Arrived

We have arrived safely in Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan thanks to Major Deon in Kuwait for helping us hitch a ride from desert to desert. We haven't slept in a while and my eyelids feel like rubber, but it feels good to almost reach our destination.
When we first arrived here we were informed that we needed to get to the wire, which I found confusing.
I have been outside the wire, which refers to anything outside of a secure base, but I've never been taken to the wire. I imagined them dropping us off at a checkpoint while a convoy arrived. As usual, nothing that exciting happened. I heard wire instead of Dwyer, the name of our final destination.
So now we are doing more waiting and I am hoping for a nap.

2 comments:

  1. Godspeed guys. Cali, hopefully Dan doesn't snore as loud as I do. I'm about halfway through leg II of the Playground Tour. Hope you're carrying all the good memories with you out there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cali... Hope you got some rest ... Sounds like a long ass 3 days of travel.. I'm so glad to follow your blog .. Love how your writing is honest and real .. Take great care of you ....:)

    ReplyDelete